A formula to apply in order to understand the cause and effect chain is as follows:
1. Karma - Karma is cause, it drives the circumstances of your birth, or your environment.
2. Environment - Drives experience (pleasant or unpleasant)
3. Experience - Drives the formation of beliefs (this is how it is!)
4. Beliefs - Drives expectation about ‘the way it will be’ (different from one person to the next) these beliefs create:
5. Expectation, resulting in (the same or similar) experience, reinforcing your beliefs, resulting in stronger beliefs. And round and round we go, the same damn thing over and over.